Rokform RokShield v3 iPad Mini Case, Red/Black

Rokform RokShield v3 iPad Mini Case, Red/BlackNice case, snug well designed case and outer rubber bumper. However......

The puck type mount fits so tight into the case I had to use a jar opener to get it off. I ended up having to take it apart (2 T-10 torx head screws) and sand down the pads on the puck that lock into the case...took a couple of tries to get it right, but it doesn't take a tool to get the ipad off the mounting base...

Issue number two...they provide a nice thick screen protector, clear and smooth...but...like so many screen protectors, they don't take into consideration the case, so when you slide the two parts of the case on it peels up the sides of the protector, and with this one, it even peels up both ends...you would think their own protector wouldn't do that, but, such is the nature of design flaws.

Update. I use my mini iPad as most folks use an iPod for. Problem was mounting it in the car. Everything I tried before this was a pain getting the iPad in and out of and covered controls on the dash. The sticky backed puck mounting base that was such and issue before was mounted to an old flex neck cup holder mount I has laying around and modified to accept the puck base. Now the iPad slides easily in and out of the car, is out of the way, and, I can mount the iPod either vertically or horizontally at will. It is so convenient now, I bought a Dual external Bluetooth GPS and the TOMTOM GPS app, and use my iPod mini as both my music box through my cars stereo and my GPS unit...gotta love that!!

Save 6% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment